We all want to be the best version of ourselves when meeting new people. The first impression is extremely important when talking to people cam-to-cam in video chats. The trick lies in the ability to make the person instantly become interested in you, literally from the first glance. But how to do it? Well, it is not that hard if you follow these simple rules.
How to Look Your Best on Camera
- Try to look fresh and neat. People rarely like someone in a T-shirt with a massive katchup spot on it.
- Take care of lightning. Make sure the camera is not too close to the window, because light from the window can make your image hardly visible to the person. Do camera settings before starting video chatting.
- Sit with your back straight. Looking like a jellyfish is inappropriate. No matter how tired of life, or what kinds of problems you have, make it look like everything is alright. In video chats, as well as in real life, people are drawn to positive people and negativity pushes them away.
- Try to look interested. Even though it may be your one hundredth time in chatroulette, do not look like you are bored and there is nothing that can surprise you. Be interested about what other people have to say or, at least, try to look like you are.
- Do not care too much about the way others see you. Having dressed up and cleaned up nicely, forget about your look and concentrate on the people you are about to meet. There is nothing more irritating than people who start video chat conversation and stare at the moving picture of themselves in the corner of the screen.
How to Behave
Once we’ve figured out how to look well on camera, it is high time to talk about how communication in chatroulette happens. Your task is to make other people interested in you, right? So, here are some tips to help you.
- Cut the boring “Hi, how are you” and think of an interesting and original way to greet strangers.
- Keep several interesting stories in mind for the silent users. Some people like listening and if you like talking, some great stories to tell is what you need.
- Fill the silent pauses. Do not just click next each time there is silence between you two but think of how to make another person open up and talk more. Strangers do have a lot to talk about.
- Be present. If you are constantly distracting on something or someone, the conversation is likely to get boring very soon. So stay present and concentrate all your attention on the person you are talking to.
- Talk and listen. Stick to the golden middle when talking and listening. Too much of one or too few of the other are both not good. Too much talking about yourself may create an impression of you as a self-involved person who does not care about anyone else. Not talking about yourself at all will make your chat buddy think there is nothing interesting about you.